Yaak Insulated Pogies
The Yaak Insulated Pogies have been in development over the past few years and have gone through several iterations to a final design and specs we're quite happy with. These insulated, wind and water resistant pogies are designed to be mounted on flat / mountain bike handlebars, providing complete coverage for your handlebar grips, brakes and shifters, allowing you to ride in cold weather with bare hands, or with thin gloves in more extreme conditions. The roomy interior allows full use of your shifting and braking (and room for alternate hand positions using bar-ends), while allowing room for storage of gloves, hand-warmers, bars, gels or other small, lightweight items.
- Exterior features 400 denier coated nylon packcloth for water and wind resistance.
- Insulated with mid-loft 210 gram Thinsulate Ultra synthetic insulation and a soft, breathable ripstop nylon interior.
- Flexible, HDPE plastic stiffeners are sewn into the pogies and provide an internal skeleton for a more streamlined design, rigid structure and to reduce 'drooping'.
- High-visibility reflective trim running along the front and sides of each pogie for increased visibility, when biking in low-visibility, wintry weather or on roads or trails shared with snow machines.
- An exterior hook/loop strap and interior adjustable elastic strap for a secure attachment to your handlebars.
- A water-resistant nylon gasket with an adjustable, elastic drawstring at each hand opening can be adjusted to keep fierce winds out of the pogies or can be opened fully to allow for more breath-ability on warmer days.
- Our recommended comfort range for these is -10F to +25F. This range can can be extended with the use of additional layers.
Our pogies are constructed with an obsessive attention to detail and high-quality construction and materials. We've tried to keep them relatively affordable for the cyclist looking for sustained warmth and weather resistance for cold weather cycling adventures and fat biking in the nastiest of conditions.
Pogies are currently out of stock until January 2015.